[asterisk-dev] Detection of Answering Machine

Matt Riddell (IT) matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Jan 25 19:40:58 MST 2006

Add http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5959

> First question, does BackgroundDetect works well with g729?

Should do.

> I havn't try MachineDetect yet, what is the benefit of MachineDetect over BackgroundDetect.

Extra parameters

> If anybody used any of this command successfully, please help me.

In what way?

> If possible, please let me know a good example of using these commands.

Have you tried "show application <appname>" in console?

> What are the common mistakes users do to use these commands?

Not try out the various combinations and expect others to have all the
answers :)

But seriously, it will depend on what you want to detect, how long you
want it to take, and the percentage of false positives/negatives you can
accept.

> Is there any documentation available arround other than voip-info.org

Unlikely.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell