[asterisk-dev] frame size

Fernando Lombardo fjlombardo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 07:21:10 MST 2006

I have tried to apply the patch attached to bug id 5162, but the behavior
appears to be the same (I'm using sip channels).  When doing an RTP debug I
still see g.729 packets with len=20 (not 40) and g.723 packets with len=24
(not 48). I tried posting my findings to the bug log, but I'm unable to get
a login name so I'm posting here. Is there any configuration that needs to
happen besides putting "packetization = xx" in the peer definitions?
Also, any reason why there is no definition for g.723 in rtp_codec_table
RTP_CODEC_TABLE[]?
Thanks,

-fernando

On 1/21/06, Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at phoenix.com> wrote:

> Bug id 5162 makes it possible, at least for G729.  It should apply to
> 1.2.X
> It hasn't been reviewed or accepted into trunk, but works very well for
> us.
>
> Dan

-fernando