[asterisk-dev] Passing AOC information across channels

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Tue Jan 24 14:08:51 MST 2006

Hi,

I am following up the discussion in

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6152

How are we continueing on this issue? Obviously a lot of people want
this feature and would like to see better AOC support in all sorts of
channels, esp. in the ISDN channels. What is necessary to be able to
pass the AOC information from channel to channel? Would it make sense to
create a new AST_CONTROL frame for this?

@oej: You mentioned this

> Please note that we are moving from a fixed CDR
> format to a dynamic format with the custom CDR
> variables. There should be no need to discuss what
> should be part of the CDR record as soon as the CDR
> drivers actually support custom CDR fields, then it's
> up to the sysadmin to configure what goes into each CDR.
> The problem now is that the infrastructure is there, but
> only one CDR driver actually supports it.

I still do not understand how I get the AOC information from chan_zap in
the dialplan so I could possibly do a

Set(CDR(aoc)=whatever)

to store it in a custom CDR value?

Kind regards,