[asterisk-dev] Re: ztdummy question

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jan 21 12:16:50 MST 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 01:25:30PM -0500, Sean Cook wrote:

> > I still don't know how the zaptel compilation could check CONFIG_RTC.
> > In any case, some kernels have CONFIG_RTC=m and CONFIG_GEN_RTC=m.
> > That doesn't tell the compilation anything about which of the two modules
> > is going to be loaded.
> >

> what about something as simple as /dev/rtc?

I'd prefer checking the target system's configuration (in this case: the
kernel configu), rather than checking on the build system.

Also, /dev/rtc may be unloaded. And the build may be done by a non-root
user. Or even in a chroot jail. The horrors.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com