[asterisk-dev] frame size

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Sat Jan 21 09:00:45 MST 2006

Bug id 5162 makes it possible, at least for G729.  It should apply to
1.2.X
It hasn't been reviewed or accepted into trunk, but works very well for
us.

Dan

________________________________

	From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Fernando
Lombardo
	Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 7:05 AM
	To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
	Subject: [asterisk-dev] frame size

	Hello, I've been experimenting with Asterisk and transcoding. I
have a question. Is there a way to make it so that the RTP is sent in 40
byte frames (for g.729) or 48 byte frames (for g.723).I noticed when
doing a rtp debug in Asterisk that it is actually sending 20 byte frames
for both g729/g723 while the other end sends 40 bytes/48bytes
respectively. This would cause asymmetric bandwidth consumption. Thanks,

	-fernando