[asterisk-dev] app_queue: feature request and possible patch

Boris Erdmann B.Erdmann at 4commerce.de
Sat Jan 21 06:31:37 MST 2006

Hello List,

i'd like to discuss a change to the app_queue.c file,
which provides functionality to not ring phones that
are in use (AST_DEVICE_INUSE, provided the channel does
support that state).

In my prototype I just copied the code which prevents
paused queue members from being rung and added a switch
'ring-inuse' in queue.conf which enables/disables the
behaviour per queue.

Motivation: chan_sip (at least) supports AST_DEVICE_INUSE and
Many SIP phones support more than one call at a time.
If queue a member initiates a call, previously the
roundrobin strategy would try to call that member, leaving
the other members uninformed.

Is there any interest in having the change upstream?
How would I submit?

Boris