[asterisk-dev] Re: Need to implement whisper mode.

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Fri Jan 20 06:25:32 MST 2006

The way I implemented it now was:

Redirect customer into empty MeetMe Room, no enter/exit sounds and
muted.

Redirecgt Boss and Secretary into MeetMe room, both in Full Duplex
(enter sounds so that both know call is up) Secrectary enters as Marked
user. When she hangs up, Customer is redirected back to to the original
state.

It works but they don't like it.

What they have now is that their phones use the Mic button to mute the
audio going to the customer and redirect it to the Secretary. The Boss
would actually hear both conversations at once. I see and agree with
your point. But once customers get used to a feature, you cannot pry it
from their fingers.