[asterisk-dev] Debug Help

roberto caspa akauffma at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Jan 19 12:59:51 MST 2006

First off I'm not a programmer, but I'm willing to help with this as far as I can.  Also, if this is the wrong forum for this, please point me to the correct one.

Here is the problem.  We have 1 asterisk 1.0.8 local, 2 asterisk 1.0.8 remotes, and 1 1.2.1 remote in production.  I've setup IAX connections between them (not trunked) and the appropriate dialing patterns to reach each other.  We then setup a local extension that will dial via IAX and execute Chanspy in each remote machine.  This is working fine to the 1.0.8 remote boxes and was working yesterday to the remote 1.2.1.  Today the 1.2.1 box is doing the following:

1. Regardless of what I dial locally, the same extension is dialed in remote.

2. No output in remote CLI whatsoever on these calls.

3. IAX2 debug shows no connection attempt from the main server.

4. I unloaded the IAX2 module from the remote and was still able to complete a call, albeit, with the same problems mentioned in 1 and 2.  IAX2 debug in this case returns an error as the module is not loaded.

Should Chanspy even be attempted this way?  (from a remote * via IAX trunk)

Why would the call complete with the module unloaded?

What changed in IAX/Chanspy beween 1.0.8 and 1.2.1 that would account for this working in one version and not another?

Again, I'm not a programmer, but know my way around linux and asterisk well enough that I can follow directions.

Any pointers would be appreciated.