[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk 1.2.2 Released!

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jan 19 01:15:19 MST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 06:05:20PM -0600, Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> Greetings everyone!
>
> The 1.2.2 versions of Asterisk, Zaptel, and Libpri have now been
> released. The source tarballs are available for download on
> ftp.digium.com. For details about what has changed, see the ChangeLog
> for Asterisk, Zaptel, or Libpri.

> Asterisk-addons and Asterisk-sounds will remain at version 1.2.1.
> Previously, all packages were updated to reflect a matching version> number, even if no changes have been made. From now on, releases will
> only be made when changes have actually been made. Even if version
> numbers do not match, it is safe to use all of these releases together,
> as long as all of them are the latest version available.

I'd like to stress this point.

The following assertions are based on my own knowldge and are hopefully
close to correct. Feel free to comment:

1. The version of Asterisk and the version of libpri must match.

2. zaptel's kernel modules have not changed their interface basically
since 1.0

3. addons:
I have no idea when they break. That is: when an upgrade of
Asterisk forces me to rebuild a certain out-of-tree module. For
instance, a certain codec module from
http://ftp.digium.com/pub/telephony/asterisk/g729/linux/ seems to
fit to many Asterisk versions and does not require a rebuild.

In the Debian packages we generally require Asterisk >= certain version,
by the last reported breakage. The other option is to rebuild on every
release.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com