[Asterisk-Dev] ztcfg-dude?

Mark Abene phiber at phiber.com
Wed Jan 18 23:54:36 MST 2006

E&M with SIG_FEATB works fine, but isn't what I want.  Modern E&M is 4-wire
supervision over digital, whereas I'm after old-style SF supervision with
2600Hz.
So, I have some new results based on my more recent experiments with this...
SF trunk supervision does in fact work, and I discovered this by trying
"signalling=sf" in zapata.conf.  This resulted in SF supervision (which I have
set to 2600Hz in /etc/zaptel.conf), with DTMF signalling.  Of course I want
MF signalling, not DTMF, so it was a simple matter of patching
channels/chan_zap.c for SIG_SF to use MF instead.  This was instead of tracking
down why SIG_SF_FEATB is messed up.  What it amounts to, is that the chan_zap.c
source is missing SIG_SF and SIG_SF_FEATB tests in several of the switch/cases,
most notably in the ss_thread function.  I've patched said function to solve
this problem nicely.  I'll of course submit my patches once everything is
working properly.  I hesitate because there's one remaining problem I've yet
to track down: the answer supervision wink makes the call hang up!  This is
obviously wrong behavior.  For example, we have the follow conversation at
present:

nearend: 2600Hz seize wink
farend: 2600Hz ack wink, ready for digits
nearend: sends KP+nnnnnnn...+ST
farend: ringback tone begins
farend: destination answers
farend: signals answer supervision with 2600Hz wink
nearend: hears wink and... HANGS UP!

The answer supervision is *supposed* to signal that the remote destination
went off hook and answered the call, and billing should begin on the local
side.  Instead, the nearend hears the initial answer wink and kills the whole
call.  I'm currently trying to track down where this broken-ness occurs in
asterisk.  Also, it would be very desirable to control whether or not a routing
code ("extension") should return answer supervision at all, e.g. if it's a
non-billable test number there shouldn't be any answer supervision, but I
don't see any obvious way at present to configure this.

Also, suffice to say, the zttool display of SF trunks' busy/idle channel
status is completely broken, which was initially misleading.  SF supervision
works regardless.  Zttool should be fixed at some point, I'll look into this
after I've solved more pressing problems.

I'm going to CC this message to Jim Dixon.

Regards,
-Mark