[Asterisk-Dev] Attended TRANSFER with Asterisk Manager

Lilantha Karunaratne lilantha.karunaratne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:13:02 MST 2006

Hi,

We have an application that requires making an "attended call transfer".
This application uses asterisk-java AGI which communicates via Manager API.

>From the Manager API we can do a "blind transfer" without any issues. When
we try to do the attended transfer, it disconnects the caller or both
parties at times.

How we tried this was to initiate a SendDTMF(*2<target_extension>) as we've
enabled this feature in feature.conf. For example;

1.	Incoming call from outside, comes to extension 701.
2.	Extension 701 answers the call and the caller requests to talk the
person on extension 702.
3.	701 will transfer this call in attended mode as he/she needs to
brief the 702 extension before bridging the call.

How can we achieve this via Manager API? Has anyone come across this issue
before?

Also, how can we put a caller on hold via Manager API without having the
session disconnected?

Cheers!

Lilantha