[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk 1.2.2 Released!

Steven critch at basesys.com
Wed Jan 18 19:11:54 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 18:05 -0600, Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> Asterisk-addons and Asterisk-sounds will remain at version 1.2.1.
> Previously, all packages were updated to reflect a matching version
> number, even if no changes have been made. From now on, releases will
> only be made when changes have actually been made. Even if version
> numbers do not match, it is safe to use all of these releases together,
> as long as all of them are the latest version available.

Could I suggest that when you bump the version numbers of those other
packages, they equal the base asterisk that it corresponds to. This
would make a perfect way of matching these to each other. The rule could
be use the same version or the closest lower version matching asterisk.
This will allow for some people to go backwards to a specific point in
time without too much effort tracking down version numbers.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>