[Asterisk-Dev] Festival problems with asterisk

David Otero dovme at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:19:21 MST 2006

At first excuse my english ;)

I had a machine with debian kernel 2.4.19-386 that was running perfectly
with asterisk
CVS-HEAD-12/20/04-13:20:28 and festival 1.4.3.
I installed new debian with kernel 2.4.27-2-386 and i check the 1.4.3 and
1.95 festival
with their corresponent patches and speech_tools on the same machine that on
the past.

Now my problem is that festival runs perfect on the command line and on
telnet connection
but when i call festival from asterisk only can't listen 2-3 or the 4 fisrts
letters

ex: from "hello world" only listen "hellow"
ex: from "hi i have a big problem with asterisk" only "hi i ha"

and have no error on logs.

I try to configure the /etc/asterisk/festival.conf to run with cache... but
nothing.
Maybe the problem is on the module os asterisk but i check with the old
source
os asterisk recompiling and nothing.

My version of asterisk now is Asterisk SVN-trunk-r7230

Can anyone help me with that please?

Thanks in advance