[Asterisk-Dev] ztcfg-dude?

Mark Abene phiber at phiber.com
Sun Jan 15 11:50:07 MST 2006

Would anyone happen to know who the original author of zaptel's "ztcfg-dude.c"
is?  Is anyone still maintaining this code?  I'm most interested in the "sf"
part (which is really the only thing that sets it apart from ztcfg) for an
educational model I'm working on in order to demonstrate SF (2600Hz) analog
trunk supervision.  In setting the following, for example, in zaptel.conf
(instead of e&m, for two local spans)...

sf=1-24:2600,10,normal,2600,0,normal
sf=25-48:2600,10,normal,2600,0,normal

...and setting the signalling type in zapata.conf to "sf_featb", I observe a
seriously confused zttool display; idle channels show up as weird patterns of
"1011 1011" for TxA-TxD and RxA-RxD, when they should show up as all "0"
status (as they properly do with e&m and featb signalling).  And, unfortunately,
the trunks are completely useless in this configuration.  Running asterisk with
debugging and in verbose mode shows that local and remote zap channels are
picked up and then immediately hung up again when trying to originate a call.
Monitor the channel with ZapBarge and you will hear a quick double wink of
2600Hz, then nothing, then the originator is disconnected.  MF pulsing is NEVER
initiated, and the call ends.  I've also tried using different frequencies for
the forward and reverse supervision (e.g. 2400Hz and 2600Hz), no difference.
I've tried playing with the transmit gain (raising, lowering), no difference.
One thing that puzzles me is the silence and the winking when monitoring a
zap channel.  This obviously isn't classic SF supervision, where you have
"tone on when idle, tone off when seized", which I would have preferred, but
rather an attempt at "SF wink-start trunk supervision", which I'm guessing is
either broken outright, or else chan_zap.so just has no idea what's going on
at this point in its code maturity.

Can anyone comment on this?  My current project depends on getting SF trunk
supervision to work properly.

Regards,
-Mark