[Asterisk-Dev] double ringing tone on 1.2.1 bug or misconfiguration ?

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 02:02:00 MST 2006

there's a thread on users's ml started by myself "double ringing tone on
asterisk 1.2",
seems I'm not the only one  having the same problem with 1.2.1

Given that it seems a problem that goes deeper than misconfiguration
what other logs/modules/tests should I investigate to understand what's
happening ?

----------- users ml relevant posts

While I wait for the call to be answered I hear a "double ringing tone",
like :

expected tone :
tuuu         tuuu         tuuu         tuuu

what I hear :
tuuu tuuu   tuuu tuuu   tuuu tuuu   tuuu tuuu

the second "tuuu" I think is generated somewhere and not "true", since
it sounds slightly different and the lambda between the first and the
second is always different.

the problem appears no matter where I terminate the call (IAX or Zap),
and I don't have that problem on a 1.0.7 connected to the same PRI lines
and IAX servers , what I have to check ? looked in confif files but
appears to be the same (indications, modules loaded, iax, zapata, the
dial in extensions is the same)

--

i suffer the same double ring tone on our 1.2.1 box. 1.0.9 box ha no such
problem. i used the r to solve it but this is not a good solution though.

--

Actually, I'm not complaining, but I've experienced a similar problem.
For me it only happens with IAX calls, and from there only IAX calls

But his description rings very true: there are two rings per time that
the far-end phone is ringing, and just like he said, one of them sounds
genuine and the other sounds like perhaps my provider is adding it to
the audio coming my way.

The dinger is that it doesn't happen on all calls; it's more or less
random, but frequent.