[Asterisk-Dev] moving sounds out of asterisk repository

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Fri Jan 13 01:36:51 MST 2006

What about something similar to the mpg123 installation for all the sounds?

I mean, no sounds are included even in the release tarballs, but instead you
may download them ('make base_sounds') or use the previously downloaded
'base-sounds-x.y.tar.gz' if the version is the same - this will make the
release tarballs much smaller. In this case you may also use 'make
addon_sounds' or 'make full_sounds', which will behave the same way for both -
the base and the additional sounds without separate downloads and installs.

What do you think?

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:05:56 -0600 (CST), Russell Bryant wrote