[Asterisk-Dev] REFER / NOTIFY methods according to RFC-3515

Lea lea123 at wp.pl
Wed Jan 11 05:53:40 MST 2006

Olle,

I understand that the transfer() function totally ignores what
is happening with the transfer after the transfer is made, and
hadling the NOTIFY status would be a lot of work which you have
no time for.

However, would you have enough time to correct the REFER
request, or get me started on correcting it?  At least Asterisk
would have some transfer functionality even if it's blind...

As it is now, the Request-URI after the REFER keyword is wrong.
It is being sent to the wrong address of the Route Set.

See my previous messages for details.

Regards,
Daniel Leeds

On 12-01-2006,10:56:32 Olle E Johanson wrote:
> Yes, the transfer() function sends a REFER, then totally
ignores what is happening with the transfer. It does need a
total rewrite for all VoIP channels and should propably be
considered a bad hack.

> For SIP, I've been trying to improve it but it hasn't been on
top of my priority list since no customer asked for it and not
many people use it.
> Changing it to return failure and wait for failures will
propably need changing the core transfer() function as well,
which will lead to changes in other channels...

Podniebne akrobacje, ponaddźwiękowa prędkość, zabójcza intryga
w najszybszym filmie akcji reżysera "Taxi"
- SKY FIGHTERS w kinach!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fskyfighters.html&sid=633