[Asterisk-Dev] REFER / NOTIFY methods according to RFC-3515

Lea lea123 at wp.pl
Mon Jan 9 04:31:33 MST 2006

I noticed that in the file "chan_sip.c" there is a constant
SIP_REFER.

Does this mean that Asterisk can initiate SIP-SIP transfers with
the REFER / NOTIFY methods according to RFC-3515 ?

If not, why not ? ...after all RFC-3515 is almost 3 years old
and I thought Asterisk is on the cutting edge of VoIP...

Anyway, if somebody has some code to make Asterisk compliant
with this RFC-3515 or some hidden #defines or maybe compiler
options to enable this crucial transfer functionality, please
scribble something back.

The SIP reinvite method simply does not work with some providers
such as Vonage, see my post on the Asterisk Users list/forum.

You can experience this problem yourself (I can send you the
Vonage host, login and password for testing).
The REFER / NOTIFY methods work every time with all the
providers I have ever tried.

Regards,
Daniel

P.S.
Asterisk staying in the media path after the transfer is
unacceptable, so please do not suggest setting can reinvite=no.

Podniebne akrobacje, ponaddźwiękowa prędkość, zabójcza intryga
w najszybszym filmie akcji reżysera "Taxi"
- SKY FIGHTERS w kinach!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fskyfighters.html&sid=633