[Asterisk-Dev] Is it possible to use username and password from SugarCRm for voicemail?

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Sun Jan 8 20:39:47 MST 2006

Hi,

I do not want to reinvent the wheel so I am looking at using user
information stored in SugarCrm as storage point for users in Asterisk. I
want to use that information to define voice mail accounts and agents. I
think this is possible and it may have be already done but I have only
found loosely defined attempts. I looked at LDAP but the asterisk
implementation seeks to create the whole extensions and voice mail files
from LDAP and I do not know if that will work properly in my situation.
Ultimately I would like to create a user in SugarCRm and have them be
available to asterisk. Has anyone used the LDAP with sugarcrm and
asterisk is this the right path or is there an easier way...

Thanks