[Asterisk-Dev] When do we change manager version?

Stefan Reuter srt at reucon.net
Sun Jan 8 08:40:40 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 21:35 -0500, Alexander Lopez wrote:
>  I would use a subversion 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 to reflect syntax changes to
> existing functions.
> Reserve version 1.0.0 to 1.1.0 when features are added, and push out
> 2.X.X as a new module.

I think this is rather problematic as there are also features added or
changed through modules (some not even maintained by digium) that have
no way to change the manager version. I use show files version in my
library to behave different for smaller changes (i.e. the variable
property of originate)
Changes to the protocol version should be reserved for "real" changes to
the protocol as described in the protocol behavior and packet types
section of http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+manager+API

=Stefan