[Asterisk-Dev] Setting conference room timeout

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Jan 6 23:53:56 MST 2006

Not exactly.  I run the PHP script as a daemon with stratigically placed
sleep statements.
I check for active conferences once a minute.  I then lookup the
scheduled endtime of the conference,
play an announcement if the endtime is 5 minutes from the current check,
then use the manager
API to issue a 'kick all'.  The five minute warning allows the clients
to extend the conference through
a web page, and as I check the endtime of active conference once a
minute I don't kick empty
conferences and allow for extensions.

The script is crude, but works fine for our needs.

Dan

________________________________

	From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of ast guy
	Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 9:01 PM
	To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
	Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Setting conference room timeout

	and you are executing php script on `defined interval` to check
conference timeout value and hang up the conference room ?

	On 1/6/06, Dan Austin < Dan_Austin at phoenix.com
<mailto:Dan_Austin at phoenix.com> > wrote:

		ast wrote:
		>  We are working on a prepaid conference room
application,
		> currently the problem we are facing is related to
timeout.
		> Like we terminate a call session after some time by
calling
		> `settimeout()` application,

		> How do I associate a timeout value while starting a
conference
		> room, that conference room e.g.3049 (along with it's
related
		> connected calls) are terminated/disconnected after 'X'
timeout
		> value.

		This is more of a -user question, but here's a couple
ideas

		I have a out-of-tree module that stores conference
information
		in a database and includes a termination time.  To
accomplish
		the 'timeout', I have a small PHP script that monitors
for active
		conferences, checks their scheduled end time, gives a
five minute
		warning and then uses the manager API to shutdown the
conference at
		the correct time.

		If you're conferences will not use fixed start/stop
times the
		problem is just a small bit different.  You can use the
manager
		API to get a list of conferences and their duration,
and if a
		conference is over it's limit, use the manager API to
end the
		conference.

		Dan