[Asterisk-Dev] building debs from asterisk+debian svn

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jan 6 10:46:31 MST 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:35:30AM -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> ># Any way to avoid the following two?
> >svn propdel mergeWithUpstream     debian
> >svn propdel svn:mergeWithUpstream debian
>
> I have no idea what you are talking about here; where did these commands
> come from?

In short: not a problem of the Asterisk SVN repository.

The technical details:

Those two are set on the debian/ directory in the pkg-voip (Debian)
repository. I believe that only the first one is required. It hints
svn-buildpackage that the debian/ directory here should be merged with a
separate source tarball.

We're trying to figure out how to make svn-buildpackage generate the
tarball from the parent repository automatically, but I can't think of
an easy way.

This is related to the warning from lintian (a sort of lint for Debian
packages) regarding a "native package": A native package is a package
that has no upsream tarball. It should have a different numbering scheme
(no need for a revision, as this package is supposed to be maintained by
Debian). Thus this warning indicates the lack of an ".orig" tarball.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com