[Asterisk-Dev] Setting conference room timeout

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Jan 6 10:02:36 MST 2006

ast wrote:
>  We are working on a prepaid conference room application,
> currently the problem we are facing is related to timeout.
> Like we terminate a call session after some time by calling
> `settimeout()` application,

> How do I associate a timeout value while starting a conference
> room, that conference room e.g.3049 (along with it's related
> connected calls) are terminated/disconnected after 'X' timeout
> value.

This is more of a -user question, but here's a couple ideas

I have a out-of-tree module that stores conference information
in a database and includes a termination time.  To accomplish
the 'timeout', I have a small PHP script that monitors for active
conferences, checks their scheduled end time, gives a five minute
warning and then uses the manager API to shutdown the conference at
the correct time.

If you're conferences will not use fixed start/stop times the
problem is just a small bit different.  You can use the manager
API to get a list of conferences and their duration,  and if a
conference is over it's limit, use the manager API to end the
conference.

Dan