[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Clusters

Goran Skular goran.skular at slsolucije.hr
Fri Jan 6 08:09:28 MST 2006

Dear all,

I am sure that there are plenty of you guys wondering about Asterisk Cluster
implementations, both for load balancing and high availability of VoIP and
related services on those servers.

It is noticeable that ser + asterisk solution is most accepted for SIP load
balancing Asterisk servers, but what other good options do we have??

Second, maybe more important issue is High Availability. Do you use Linux HA
in combination with Asterisk and SER also ?

It would be a great if we can put more Real World, production scenarios in:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+High+Availability+Solutions for
High availability, and in

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+at+large for Load Balancing.

It seems that every of those solutions require a lot of dialplan tuning, can
we make Asterisk more HA and Cluster friendly?

Goran Skular