[asterisk-dev] What to do with RTCP ????

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Feb 27 12:28:25 MST 2006

Paul Cadach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Olle E Johansson wrote:
>
>>The RTCP branch includes improved support of RTCP, but also a
>>reporting facility we do not use currently. Would it be useful to add
>>this to a channel variable - or even better a CDR variable - so you
>>can add it to CDRs and make reports based on it?
>

> Mostly RTCP information can be used to adjust jitter buffering algorithms,
> arrange clocks when peer stopped transmission, etc.

..and be used to make decisions about in-call codec changes, but that
something we can do later.

I will try to create some data for CDR variables in the meantime, and
a dial plan function.

I also want to add a special thank you to folsson and john martin that
has done the development on this patch.

I still look froward to more test reports in the bug tracker :-)

/O