[asterisk-dev] Zap channel naming is way too confusing

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sat Feb 25 00:55:14 MST 2006

On 02/24/06 00:24 Tilghman Lesher said the following:
> always specify the absolute channel, in a format such as:
> Zap[ss/rrr](nnn), e.g. Zap[3/4](52) or Zap/52.

i like this idea conceptually, just that the TECH/SPAN-CHAN nomenclature
should be maintained instead of introducing square brackets. this keeps it
consistent with the naming conventions for SIP and IAX2 used within
asterisk and would make parsing channel identifiers a whole lot easier in
external scripts or AGI.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/