[asterisk-dev] Re: TDMoE protocol

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 06:12:25 MST 2006

In article <AEC6C66638C05B468B556EA548C1A77DAF0A05 at trantor>,
James Harper <james.harper at bendigoit.com.au> wrote:

> > As the one who added 2.6 RTC support to ztdummy, I'm qualified to
> > comment!
> > The primary reason for ztdummy is to support SIP, IAX and MeetMe in a
> > system with no Zaptel cards. It is quite adequate for that, although
> > there is a patch on the bugtracker that aims to address a perceived
> > weakness in it.
> >

> Just been doing some searching... there is also the HPET that could be
> used. If a driver could be written to make use of it, do you think it
> would be accurate enough for TDMoE use?

I hadn't been aware of HPET until you mentioned it, but it looks
interesting. There already appears to be a driver for it in the kernel,
but I don't know whether it is enabled by default, nor whether it is
a feature of the CPU or the surrounding chipset.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield