[asterisk-dev] Branch: Multiparking

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Feb 21 13:10:09 MST 2006

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> Well I suppose that a lot of us just don't have any idea what this feature
> really gets us...  Even with BKW's valetparking I never truly understood the
> utility of multiple parking lots in one PBX unless you were hosting more than
> one company's PBX on the same Asterisk instance.

That's the idea exactly, I believe.

I can also seem some utility in relatively large applications where the
users are spread amongst multiple departments/buildings and have
separate receptionist/phone answering personnel, so keeping the parking
lots separate reduces the chance for someone to get a 'wrong' call.