[asterisk-dev] how to export symbols from app_ and chan_ objects?

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Feb 20 15:55:29 MST 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 04:43:52PM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> Why not simply write your app directly into chan_zap.c and use the
> corresponding ast_register_application and ast_unregister_application
> APIs?  This is already being done for another app that needs similar
> access to private zaptel channel structures.

First, I wanted to keep it clean. I realize now that I could/should
have added it to chan_zap and be over with it, but...

Main reason is that I can't unload chan_zap while I'm doing the
fine tuning on production machines. I can easily unload and load a
small app I'm developing, unloading and loading chan_zap requires
a full asterisk restart.

But yes, now thinking about it it might have to move to chan_zap
in the long run. But first let me see if I can get it working the
way I want it to.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org