[asterisk-dev] Call back functionality in libpri using QSig

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Sat Feb 18 13:24:46 MST 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 3:06 AM, Paul Cadach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Dinesh Nair wrote:
>> On 02/12/06 17:38 Paul Cadach said the following:
>>> As pointed in Q.953.3, "The CCBS
>>> supplementary service enables a calling user A, encountering a busy
>>> destination B, to be notified when the busy destination B becomes
>>> not-busy and to have the service provider reinitiate the call to the
>>> specified destination B, if user A desires."
>>
>> right, so the asterisk which receives the noitification from the
>> other side
>> (that the called party is free) would need to instantiate the
>> callback itself.
>
> As pointed in citate, "if user A desires", so it should have a
> mechanism to ask
> caller about making call again.
>
> I'm not familiar with implementation of this service in existing
> exchanges, but
> this is my point of view.

Yeah, I know it works like that from the SS7 side, using SCCP messages
between point codes.  The remote end that wants the callback will be
notified by the called end when the subscriber is free via an SCCP
message.  It's probably similar (in structure) to the way it works w/
Q.SIG and such.

---
Matthew Fredrickson