[asterisk-dev] Devloping an end of call hook or trap

Beau Hargis BeauH at bluefrogmobile.com
Wed Feb 15 14:20:39 MST 2006

I made a custom cdr module to log what we need at the end of call for the CDRs that we have in our databases, but I am looking for a clean way to hook into the hangup of a channel to do some end of call data gathering and logging. I can do this in my custom cdr loging function, but on SIP channels all the channel variables are destroyed at that point. On local, they are there, but I have yet to try it on a zap channel.

Is there a point during the hangup of a channel where most everything is done, but the channel variables still exist so the state of the call at the point of hangup can be captured? So far, I have been using the CDR() dial plan function to store the information so it is accessible to the custom cdr logging, but it has to be explicitly set.