[asterisk-dev] Outgoing call from MeetMe?

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Feb 15 07:17:47 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 10:44 +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> Has anyone done any work on enhancing the MeetMe keypad menu to allow
> the initiation of an outgoing call which will be connected to the
> conference? e.g. *5 followed by the number to call.
>
> This would be very useful for adding participants to the conference
> without the aid of some external control interface.

You don't need to change MeetMe for a feature like this.  Just use the
'X' option to MeetMe and use something like this:

    [meetme]

    exten => s,1,Set(MEETME_EXIT_CONTEXT=meetme-menu-main)})
    exten => s,2,MeetMe(1000,X)
    exten => s,3,Hangup

    [meetme-menu-main]

    exten => 1,1,Goto(meetme-menu-dialout,s,1)

    [meetme-menu-dialout]

    exten => s,1,Background(dial-a-number)
    exten => s,2,WaitExten(10)
    exten => s,3,Goto(2)

    exten => #,1,Goto(meetme,s,2)

    exten => _XXXX,1,AGI(dialout,${EXTEN})
    exten => _XXXX,2,Goto(meetme,s,2)

    exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,AGI(dialout,${EXTEN})
    exten => _9NXXXXXX,2,Goto(meetme,s,2)

    exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(dialout,${EXTEN})
    exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Goto(meetme,s,2)

    exten => i,1,Goto(meetme,s,2)

"dialout" is an AGI that drops a call file in the Asterisk spool
directory, although the outgoing call could be created in a number of
other ways.  This is a simplified version of a system that I'll be
putting into production in a few days once the users of the system have
had a chance to test it out and give some feedback.

Jeff