[asterisk-dev] Web Based Soft Phone

Shidan shidan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:52:23 MST 2006

Steven, maybe you should learn about webapps before before trying to
cut people up because of your insecurities. It's true that no such
product exists now but it's certainly possible and will inevitably
happen.

As far as creating a phone using javascript if you manage to use
multipart mime extensions successfully then it would be very clever
but if you use a little activex socket or a flash socket as your base
for ajax it's definitely straightforward yet time consuming.  A friend
of mine told me that he has heard that both google and  the tibet guys
http://www.technicalpursuit.com/  are working on a web proxy for
jingle.

The same thing can be done for IAX and It would definitely be possible
 to create a nice proxy app for IAX that serves to web clients.

The proxy would definitely be needed because as Zafrir pointed out web
browsers can't handle UDP. And you would want to use an audio codec
that the browser would understand, you won't be able to do that in
straight Javascript for a few years

----
Shidan