[asterisk-dev] COMPILE ERROR - branch 1.2 r9861 - /branches/1.2/asterisk.c

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Tue Feb 14 00:52:51 MST 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Aryanto Rachmad wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I tried to get into branch 1.2 r9861, but when I compiled asterisk I got the following error:
>
> asterisk.c: In function 'main':
> asterisk.c:2213: error: 'ast_opt_dump_core' undeclared (first use in this function)
> asterisk.c:2213: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> asterisk.c:2213: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [asterisk.o] Error 1
>
> It complied and running fine when I commented the following lines to revert asterisk.c to r9860:
>
> Line 78:
> #include <sys/prctl.h>
>
> Line 2213:
>            if (geteuid() && ast_opt_dump_core) {
>                    if (prctl(PR_SET_DUMPABLE, 1, 0, 0, 0) < 0) {
>                            ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Unable to set the process for core dumps after changing to a non-root user. %s\n", strerror(errno));
>                    }
>            }
>
> I am just curious. What those lines suppose to do actually?

When using setuid() or similar functions, the dumpable flag for the process
is deleted. With prctl(PR_SET_DUMPABLE,...) this flag is set again to create
core dumps again.

I added this to openpbx just yesterday. I'm wondering if putting this into
asterisk may be against Digiums rules, because it is GPL without signed
disclaimer?

Armin