[asterisk-dev] Web Based Soft Phone

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Feb 14 00:32:47 MST 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:55:34PM -0200, Fernando Lujan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm searching a web-based softphone which I can put inside my web-based
> application.
>
> I search but only found activex applications. I also wondering in create this
> applications using ruby on rails and ajax. Can someone point me a initial
> documentation in how to do this?

A VoIP phone written in javascript? This does not seem very likely. I
saw activex, java and firefox extensions for IAX and SIP. At least the
firefox extensions use c/c++ libraries for the real processing.

I don't believe a javascript page can handle UDP packets and/or linking
to external libraries.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com