[asterisk-dev] IBM BladeServer / Clustered Linux

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Feb 13 16:45:04 MST 2006

> >> And if that call is an E911 call? What then?
> >
> > Happens frequently right now with telco's... just monitor a police
> > scanner for a while and listen. (Probably not the CO switch, but same
> > end result.)
>
> I will give it a try.... :)

Oh, and for what its worth, our local telco (in a city of 250k) had old
paper coated underground cable feeding the "single" E911 center for the
region, and the cable got wet causing a total failure. The center was out
of service for well over a day. No suits, but the city finally begin to
understand what "disaster recovery" means and they now have an alternate
E911 site with multiple communications feeds. Are their systems non-stop?
Absolutely not.

The E911 stuff is not the driver for non-stop voip, but if you sell an
asterisk system to a E911 system, they might have a strong interest in
understanding what such a system would cost them.

The few 911 centers that I've been in pride themselves on uptime, but
they too have system failures.