[asterisk-dev] IBM BladeServer / Clustered Linux

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Mon Feb 13 15:22:49 MST 2006

asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> [...]

As long the landing destination is planet earth :)

>>> Dropping the calls that are in flight is much closer to reality.
>>
>> And if that call is an E911 call? What then?
>
> And what if the sun explodes!!!

That is a completely different problem :)

>I understand the concern that everyone
> has for this but, there can and will be failures of any kind. I have
> had T1 circuits over 'SONET' fail because of a switch error on the
> Telco side.

Of course hardware will fail. No doubt about that.
Our systems have no single point of failure option. If Service provider
chooses not to deploy a such system, then they may face legal cases should
an E911 call fail in critical moment.
That is what I was referring to in my previous post. Some lawyer out there
will find out that service provider did not
insure that all E911 calls are sent through no single point of failure
network and then use this information in the court of law.

Some, will say... ISP, Inter-connect, Telco etc. networks could fail as well
before it gets to service provider network. Sure, but then
the blame is not on service providers any more once that fact is discovered.
The fact that service provider may be offering the service over "third"
party
networks is another issue all together.

Senad