[asterisk-dev] IBM BladeServer / Clustered Linux

Robert Bedell robert.bedell at zivva.com
Mon Feb 13 13:46:08 MST 2006

*snip*

> However, there is no reason that RealTime cannot be extended to provide
> High Avilability and Fail-Over capabilities between multiple boxes, albeit
> at the expense of losing the calls on a server if one of the nodes bites
> the dust.

This is where we are currently at.  Do you have any sense of how deep or
what particular areas would need to be changed in the core?  Obviously
certain segments would have to be implemented as shared/distributed memory
or some sort of message passing solution.  I'm sorry, I'm only passingly
familiar with some of this stuff, but I'm still curious.  I guess I missed
out by not going to the presentation :)

---

Robert Bedell