[asterisk-dev] Re: TDMoE timing

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Mon Feb 13 10:45:57 MST 2006

Hi,

Tony Mountifield wrote:
[skipped]
> > Definitely enabled... If you don't use tasklets dev_queue_xmit() will be called with
> > disabled interrupts, but when you
> > use tasklets it's called after interrupt handling is finished, so you don't have any
> > problems with disabled interrupts.
>
> OK, thanks. But even with tasklets enabled, dev_queue_xmit() is called
> inside a loop protected with spin_lock_irqsave(), which I thought disabled
> interrupts anyway.

Yep, you're right. Lock is held inside __ztdynamic_run() while at ztdeth_transmit() lock is released correctly. I think
this could not be solved until all lists would behave as lock-free.

I would like but currently I don't have test box to play with it.

[skipped]

> I've just tried running a version compiled with ENABLE_TASKLETS, and now
> having a different problem :-)

Which sort of problems? Choppy sound?

WBR,
Paul.