[asterisk-dev] Re: TDMoE timing

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Mon Feb 13 08:44:42 MST 2006

Hello,

Tony Mountifield wrote:
[skipped]
> So... has ANYONE successfully got TDMoE to work under kernel 2.6?

I've got it to work stable under 2.4. TDMoE runs stable more than 2 years...

> If so, was with with tasklets enabled or disabled?

Definitely enabled... If you don't use tasklets dev_queue_xmit() will be called with disabled interrupts, but when you
use tasklets it's called after interrupt handling is finished, so you don't have any problems with disabled interrupts.

> I currently have tasklets disabled, because the notes suggested that it
> was possible occasionally to lose a timeslot when using tasklets. It looks
> like I will have to try with tasklets enabled, because I suspect that may
> be the only way to legally call dev_queue_xmit() under 2.6.

Are you sure you lose timeslots? How you detect it? Is it networking problems?

WBR,
Paul.