[asterisk-dev] any decision on moving sounds/ outside asterisk/ tree ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Feb 11 10:10:49 MST 2006

Denis Smirnov wrote:

> Downloading anything from makefile is very bad idea.
>
> I think that better would be move asterisk-sounds to separate project at
> svn with own makefile.

There is no need for a makefile or SVN repo to download from... the
sounds do not change very often and would be distributed in tarball form
only.

It would be relatively easy to have the Asterisk makefile prompt the
user to ask whether to download or not when it notices that the
installed sounds are out of date...