[asterisk-dev] Why was bug 5126 closed as a "Tech Support issue"?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Feb 10 11:37:17 MST 2006

Tony Mountifield wrote:
> So I don't understand the response to that bug. Please could someone explain?

You are correct.  I did not spend enough time examining the bug report
to realize where the problem existed.  I'm sure that seeing that it was
a Zaptel issue and Digium hardware was in use made me draw the premature
conclusion that it was an issue that should be handled by the Digium
technical support Department.

Also, it is important to note that issues closed as "technical support
issues" are not necessarily dismissed as configuration issues.  It is
simply that it has been decided that the Digium technical support team
is the group that has the expertise and resources available to diagnose
any problems related to Digium hardware.  Then, if it is a bug, it will
need to be fixed by a Digium developer, which the support team can
ensure gets done.  This has been the policy since long before I have
been involved.

> I can't re-open bug 5126 because it is closed and I was not the reporter.
> If I raised another bug about it, would it too get summarily closed and me
> awarded -2 karma?

I have re-opened the bug and re-awarded the karma subtracted from the
original bug poster.

Russell