[asterisk-dev] Passing AOC information across channels

Christian Richter christian.richter at beronet.com
Tue Feb 7 09:13:42 MST 2006

> *ISDN spider-sense goes off*
>
> Are you sure about this?  I can't cite specific references, but a
> facility message outside the context of a call (including non-call
> associated signaling connections) seems like it would be a blatant
> protocol violation.

I think you're partially right, at least for the AOC-E Message. This
message will come as facility message in the Release or Release_complete
probably. I'll try to figure that out.

Still if the Disconnect message results in a hangup, the AOC Info which
is in the Release_complete will be lost.. so what should we do then?  my
proposed idea a way of out-of-band data transmission, which could fix
that problem and probably others as well.

> I'll tell you what, I haven't been able to figure which specs to look
> at for this.  If you (or someone else that knows which ones we're
> referring to) can give me an idea of which documents to look at, I'll
> go through them to see if I can offer another opinion on the matter
> (ETSI references, URLs, etc, ITU-T doc numbers, anything).

Anyway there are ISDN Specs defining Broadcast Facility Messages which
might happen outside of a call time-scale.

Christian
(crich)