[asterisk-dev] number lookup functions

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Feb 5 10:55:50 MST 2006

Steve Underwood wrote:

> To get this effect things like chan_zap need to call 2 of the above
> functions. This seems rather inefficient. Is there a good reason why a
> three way function does not exist? Is it just that nobody ever bothered
> to code one?

I would suspect it is the latter. It certainly seems to me to be a good
idea, unless there are so many cases that want 'exact match only' that
looking for partial matches if there is no exact match would be a
performance hit. Presumably all that would be required is an input mask
to the function to tell it what sorts of matches are allowed :-)