[asterisk-dev] Re: [asterisk-commits] trunk r9138 - in /trunk: ./ funcs/ include/asterisk/

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Fri Feb 3 20:43:54 MST 2006

On 02/04/06 09:02 Tilghman Lesher said the following:
> about linking OpenSSL into the core code, so we've gone the direction of
> having as few dependencies as possible in the core Asterisk code.

at the risk of reinventing the wheel. res_crypto is used for iax's
public/private key authentication, which i think is still far superior to
plaintext passwords in iax2.conf anyways. as the OP pointed out, the
asterisk license already gives exemption to openssl, so why not just
leverage off the crypto functions there ?

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/