[asterisk-dev] PLC and G.729A?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Wed Feb 1 00:57:02 MST 2006

>> iirc PLC (packet loss concealment) is part of G.729A, but
>> someone  whispered me in the ear that Digium's implementation had
>> no such  thing. Can someone enlighten me a little more on this
>> subject, please?
>
> The G.729 codec that we ship can handle PLC, but Asterisk has no
> way to utilize it at this point. Doing so requires a jitter buffer
> that can indicate lost packets to the codec, which we don't do yet.

Ok. We're currently testing zoa's jitterbuffer from http://
bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3854. This has PLC for other codecs. Will
this be something that may be integrateble with G.729A as well?

thanks

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net
---
In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there
is no air to get in the way.