[asterisk-dev] Re: [svn-commits] kpfleming: branch 1.2 r1766 - /branches/1.2/xpp/

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Dec 31 09:22:51 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> We actually use the VERSION header, both through modinfo and for the log
> messages on module load.

Then we should find a way to get it from the Zaptel core, instead of
repeating it in modules. Is it actually possible for a module to have a
different version than the core?

> However by the same logic you should not includethat header on zaptel.c:
> if the version is bumped, zaptel.c gets rebuilt.

It has to be included into one module at most, so it can be displayed
when Zaptel is loaded into the kernel. We could do something like we do
for Asterisk, and build a separate .o file that contains only the
version information, then the only steps that would be required after a
commit changes the version would be to compile that (very small) file
and re-link zaptel.ko.