[asterisk-dev] Cross-compiling for embedded platforms using openWRT

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Dec 30 19:38:28 MST 2006

Brian Capouch wrote:
> The second thing is the way the menuselect process works; the menuselect
> app is compiled and run at configure time.  In this cross-compile
> environment, it compiles menuselect for the MIPSEL CPU and then tries to
> execute it on my host (Intel) box. The workaround is to go in and
> manually build and run menuselect on the host machine, and then continue
> with the cross-build.

This should not happen; if you are doing your cross-compile setup
properly (using ./configure --host=mipsel-elf or something similar) then
the menuselect configure script should configure it for the host. If you
are doing your cross-compile setup the 'old' way (by overriding CC and
the like), stop doing that... the Asterisk 1.4 build process knows how
to handle a cross-compile setup by the configure script itself.