[asterisk-dev] How to debug non-loading module?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Dec 30 15:00:58 MST 2006

My new MIPSEL openWRT/kamikaze Asterisk is running pretty well, with one
exception: I can't get the pgsql-engine-based modules to load.

E.g.
CLI> load res_config_pgsql.so
[Dec 30 16:41:49] WARNING[2028]: loader.c:375 load_dynamic_module:
Module 'res_config_pgsql.so' did not register itself during load
[Dec 30 16:41:49] WARNING[2028]: loader.c:607 load_resource: Module
'res_config_pgsql.so' could not be loaded.

N.B. I built them after I built the rest of the system, once I had
gotten MIPSEL versions of the Postgres libs/headers installed.

I'm posting early here in the debugging process, in case someone tells
me, "Oh, those modules aren't working yet in the 1.4.0 version" or somesuch.

If they're supposed to work, I need to see what sorts of debugging tools
might be brought to bear on the problem.

Thanks.

B.

believed to be clean.