[asterisk-dev] SIP User-Agent string should display Asterisk version

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Dec 29 15:07:54 MST 2006

----- Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> I'm OK with this change, and I don't see any reason not to do it as
> far as back as Asterisk 1.2... it would certainly be useful.

I'm not so sure about this.  There is no telling what people have Asterisk
hooked up to where they are expecting this User-Agent string.  1.2 is a
very established version at this point so we should avoid changing it as
much as possible.  However, I think it would be ok to do it in 1.4 if we
do it before the next sub-release.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer